Expressions of interest
TrustWorks accepts expressions of interest from consultants interested in collaborating with us in one or more of the three areas of our mandate on a rolling basis. Please write to email@example.com with the heading EOI.
We currently have no full-time job openings. Positions will be made available shortly and will be shared on our social media accounts.
TrustWorks offers a six-month internship/mentorship programme (extendable) for students enrolled in a Masters programme who are required to undertake an internship for credit. We give preference to motivated students with no prior relevant experience.
How to apply
Please send your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th August; short-listed candidates will be invited to interview at the beginning of September and the internship begins on September 15th. The selection will be made according to the above two criteria, as well as diversity of backgrounds, experiences and interests.
Terms of Reference
Job family: Peace mediation, natural resource conflicts, peace and security challenges.
Education: Enrolled in Master’s degree (ideally requiring credit for internship programme)
Start Date: September 15
Duration of contract: 4-6 months
Type of contract/conditions: 10-12 hours per week
About the Internship Programme
The internship programme is designed to be mutually beneficial: it is designed to provide invaluable support to TrustWorks while also equipping students with knowledge and skills that will serve them well as they begin their professional careers. The programme is:
- Iterative: It is designed to allow students to accumulate relevant skills with an increasing level of responsibility; proactive students will be given additional tasks to help them advance and learn.
- Learning oriented: Students are given regular feedback and encouraged to use this opportunity to learn as much as possible, through making mistakes and being open to constructive feedback.
- Semi-structured: Certain tasks are weekly, others monthly and some last the duration of the internship; it is up to the student to keep track of hours work, meet deadlines, and work as and when they wish to within those constraints. Students should give priority to their exams and communicate proactively on other commitments.
- Team-oriented: The internship involves working with 2-3 other students from divers institutions and geo-graphical background; students are encouraged to work as a team, seek help and support from one another and to organise tasks amongst themselves as a team.
- Virtual: The assignment is carried out from home and therefore a solid internet connection is required and the ability to be self-motivated and disciplined. Where possible (corona permitting), the students will be invited to Amsterdam for a workshop upon successful completion of their internship.
Preference is given to: i) Students enrolled in a Master’s programme who are required to undertake an internship for credit; ii) Students with no relevant professional experience or expertise.
Duties and responsibilities
Weekly (rotating) tasks
- Support the development and implementation of our social media strategy.
- Identify and keep abreast of relevant events and publications, and participate in events on TrustWorks’ behalf as and where possible/relevant.
- Keep track of partner calls for proposals of relevance.
Monthly (ad hoc, team) tasks
- Support TrustWorks projects under the supervision of the Director and Research and Programme Assistant, including through desk research and briefings.
- Collaborate with students at Rotterdam Business School to finalise a project proposal and support outreach.
- Support Associates with the finalisation of concept notes.
- Write a policy oriented publication based on primary and secondary research in one of the three key areas of work, to be discussed and decided upon in consultation with the Director. This will be an iterative process with the aim of producing a high quality piece of work that can be published on our website and distributed through our social media networks (which students can then use as a writing sample when applying for jobs in the field).
- Strong drafting skills in English
- Strong sense of integrity and ethical standards
- Displays cultural, gender, religious, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Discrete, able to manage sensitive information to strict standards of confidentiality.
- Good communication skills, ability to work in a team, and networking ability
- Strong desire to learn, adapt and improve
Level of commitment
- 10-12 hours a week
- Students are encouraged to prioritise their academic deadlines and exams, and to communicate these constraints proactively to ensure no overstretch.
- Students who are obliged to do paid part-time work should also communicate any constraints (TrustWorks can be flexible on time commitment and students in this position should not feel discouraged from applying).
Education and experience
- Enrolled in Master’s Degree is relevant field and required to do an internship for credit.
- No prior professional experience required (preference will be given to those with no prior experience).